Sunday, October 26, 2014

Celebrating 12 Years of Marriage!

 
Jon and I enjoyed a really nice overnight getaway to Cherry Valley Lodge. It was so relaxing. It's hard to believe that we've been married for a dozen years. But it's awesome to have such a history and so many memories. We're at a place in our marriage that feels really comfortable. We just love being together. We don't have to do anything fancy or extravagant. We must be getting old! Watching football, knitting, talking, reading, napping.... our newlywed selves would probably cringe at how "boring" we've become, but who cares!
 
I am so blessed to have a husband who loves me and supports me without criticism or judgment. He really is my number one fan, building me up and loving me more than I love myself. He's always eager to help me in any way he can. I hope that I am half as good a spouse as he is. I am so blessed.
 
We've learned and grown a lot in our relationship. Mostly, we've come to cherish one another more and more as time goes on. We try not to take each other for granted. We try to have realistic expectations of the other and use good communication. I'm sure we've got lots more to learn, but I'm confident that we'll face each day, each year, together in love.
A dozen roses for a dozen years.
(I suggested a dozen eggs and a dozen donuts, but I like the roses better!)

We really enjoyed the beautiful arboretum just outside our door at Cherry Valley.

And finally, a picture from our wedding reception --- The boys found this picture in our album tonight and enjoyed hearing its story. I don't think I've ever posted this here before. That's Lou Rawls with us! He was giving a concert in Columbus and staying at the hotel where we had our reception. He graciously agreed to take some pictures with us and he was very sweet. My dad started singing some of his songs and they did a little "diddy" in the hotel lobby. It's a really fun memory from a beautiful day that marked the beginning of our life as a family.


Thank you, God, for twelve years of married love.
Continue to bless us and our relationship.
Relying on your grace,
we look forward to many years
of  journeying together
through the ups and downs of life.
May our love inspire and encourage 
our boys and all we meet.
May we be mirrors reflecting You,
shining your Love to all the world.
Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment