Friday, March 5, 2010

Up Days and Down Days

Well, after such a great day of learning on Wednesday and my long post about what we do for preschool.... we didn't do much to write about on Thursday. I was very low-energy and we just had an off day. It wasn't horrible. It's not that we didn't do any learning or playing. It was just blah.

I really struggle with those kind of days and feelings. It's hard for me to just be ok with not doing much. I want to be going and doing all the time and I get really frustrated when I don't live up to my own expectations and I'm not crossing things off of my to-do list.

I know that God wants to speak to me and work in me and through me during these down days just as much as in the up days (probably even more). But I'm so hard on myself that I tend to shut him out. So, I tried to offer myself to him and just relax a bit. Tried.

One of the greatest lessons children teach us is to live in the moment. It's a lesson I'm always trying to learn and embrace. I'm often so busy planning and doing that I miss what's happening or could be happening right now.

Today was better. The boys and I had a great day at Good Shepherd. We're getting ready to celebrate Jon's birthday tomorrow.

I hope that you have a great weekend... and that you'll remember, especially during these "desert days" of Lent, that God is with us on the up days and the down days, when we're feeling great and doing well AND when we're not feeling and functioning the way we want to or think we should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment