Friday, March 26, 2010

Saint Francis Prayer

I can totally relate to this new version of the Saint Francis Prayer.... and I know so many of my mom friends will too. It comes from the incredible, awesome, talented Danielle Bean. She is the editor of my FAVORITE magazine and website, *Faith and Family Live* (see the link in my sidebar).

St. Francis Prayer (stomach virus version)

Lord,Make me an instrument of Your healing love;
Where there is vomit let me bring Lysol;
Where there are boogers, Kleenex;
Where there is fever, Tylenol;
Where there is boredom, library books;
Where there are chills, warm blankets;
And where there is whininess, Scooby Doo.

O Divine Master,Grant that I may not so much seek
To be well-rested as to provide clean sheets,
To be appreciated as to disinfect the house,
To be showered as to give warm baths,
For it is in scrubbing out the bathroom that we are cleansed,
It is in sharing laps that we find comfort,
And it is after resting that we will return
To a normal life.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment