Wednesday, April 14, 2010

True Love

One of my darling boys drew this lovely picture on the easel this morning.

Who do you think it is? 1. A giant pig-man 2. The troll from The Three Billy Goats Gruff or 3. Me? If you guessed me, you're a winner! It's "great big mommy!" Yeah!

Which of the features most truly resemble me? 1. The pig nose 2. The fork hands 3. The sparse hair or 4. The ginormous belly? Don't answer that! At least I don't have a double chin or flabby neck in this picture. That's right, I don't have a neck (or feet or clothes) at all.

Which of my adorable, lovely, kind children drew this picture? 1. The older one, who later fell at the park and couldn't move his neck and had to be taken to urgent care where he proceeded to suddenly be healed and talk nonsense to the doctor and stick his hand down his pants..... or 2. The younger one, who threw a monster tantrum for over an hour this morning about a toy that he didn't even want to play with anyway and who then proceeded to not listen and/or disobey me for the rest of the entire day? The answer to that question would be 1.... my first born, whom I love with all my heart. I kept repeating to myself all day that I love him with all my heart, so it must be true.

I love them both and they love me and we all love daddy, who will return to our world tomorrow after completing 578,264 more tax returns. Now that is true love.... still loving one another after a day like today. I was SO HAPPY when they went to bed tonight, but I'll be happy to see them again in the morning too. This is true love. This is the domestic church, love in action, for better or for worse. It's where I'm called to be and where I want to be. It's where we're all four learning to be saints, to love God and one another. It's way harder and way better than I ever dreamed it would be. Deo gratias!

*Note 1: Thanks a BILLION to my mom who came to my rescue. She watched Adam and made a delicious and healthy dinner while I took Ray to urgent care. I love you mom!

*Note 2: Ray is fine. He pulled some muscles in his neck.

*Note 3: Ray thinks the picture he drew of me is beautiful. He explained that I have lots of babies in my belly in that picture. I thanked him for the lovely picture and assured him that there are no babies growing in my belly. Thank God I've already started a diet and exercise program! This picture will be my motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment