Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Bubble Lady

We had such a cool visitor today! My mom's cousin Margie lives in Baltimore. She and her brother Mike (who is also cool of course) came to Columbus for the weekend to visit relatives. Margie is one of those people who can't quite be described in words. She is wild and loud and full of crazy stories. She's always worked with children and knows just how to engage them. She does bubbles.... seriously. She has "bubble gigs" all around Maryland.


So this morning we had an awesome bubble party in the front yard with Margie. We just beat the rain. If I had known she was coming, I would have invited all of my friends and their children. It was amazing! I almost forgot to take pictures because I was having so much fun! Half the fun was seeing the looks on the faces of people who drove by and saw these gigantic bubbles. Here are a few of the shots I did get:

Check out Ray's face! It's so typical of him.... trying to figure out how this works I'm sure!

What a great way to start a Saturday! The boys were completely amazed and so excited. Margie told them about the water balloon sling shot and lots of other crazy toys she has at her place. So now we're apparently planning a trip to Maryland to play with Margie the Bubble Lady!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a little competition with the bubble lady! Well, at least the boys wanted us to come back! Or did they ask BEFORE the bubble lady arrived??? :) Hopefully, we can come and play again soon!

    ReplyDelete