Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Adam!

This Saturday, May 1st, is Adam's 4th birthday. It's hard to believe my baby is four already. Granted, the first two years of his life are a real blur in my memory. (Ray is only 17 months older.)

Thank you, God, for the amazing gift of this spirited, imaginative, loving, creative child.

Here is one of the first pictures of Adam in the hospital. After Ray (8 days overdue) weighed in at 10 pounds 11 ounces (thank you, God, for c-sections), I was just so happy that Adam weighed in under 10 pounds. He was 9 pounds 15 ounces (at 39 weeks)! When they laid him on the examination table in the OR, we all laughed at how he loved stretching out his arms and legs.

Here is Adam right before his first birthday. You have to love the hair!

Here he is at age two, so proud to be into everything and always exploring. He has always been so confident and active.

Adam's zaniness and creativity definitely blossomed when he was three. He is strong-willed and also very fun-loving, adventurous, and creative.

As Adam has approached four, he has dived into what he calls his "imaginary world." He loves to pretend and conjure up games and stories. I am continually amazed by the things he says and does.


Four just seems to be a magical age. To Adam, the world is absolutely amazing and full of possibilities. He thinks he is "undefeatable." Tonight at bedtime he asked me if God could look down from heaven and watch him while he sleeps. When I assured him God did do that, he shook his head and said, "That is so incredible. I love it!"

I hope to truly enjoy and nurture his sense of awe and wonder this year.

We have already been celebrating his birthday for several days. We had a fun party at my mom's last weekend...complete with a smashed cake (because I dropped it in the driveway) and a SpongeBob pinata (which was whacked with the most gusto and delight by the ADULTS).



One day this week we met Adam's best friend Ryan and his family at Magic Mountain for a mini-birthday celebration. (Sorry, I forgot my camera.)

This weekend we will be celebrating with Jon's family.

So, it's a birthday marathon... but we are so thankful for this little boy and all of the excitement and joy he brings to our lives. Please say a prayer for Adam today.

No comments:

Post a Comment