Saturday, April 17, 2010

Recovery Mode

We are SO HAPPY to have Jon back! He finished up tax season around 6:30 on Thursday evening. We greeted him with lots of hugs and kisses, some posters and balloons decorating the house, and a nice dinner including his favorite strawberry cake for dessert.

It's always a bit of an adjustment when he finishes tax season and is home with us more. First of all, he is exhausted. I am trying to let him decompress and catch up on some sleep. At the same time, there are lots of projects and "agenda items" that have been on hold for some time.

Jon has been amazed over the last few days at some of the things the boys are doing and saying. He didn't realize how much they've been learning and how they are getting more independent every day.

This morning I had the great privilege of sleeping in AND being brought breakfast in bed! Jon woke me up and immediately told me how impressed he is by what the children are learning from me and/or their Montessori class. He told me that he and the boys were watching birds at the bird feeder and Adam told him he had an "hypothesis" about why the black birds like our bird feeder so much. I let Jon marvel at my wonderful teaching abilities! Later, I asked Adam about it. He told me, "They talk about 'hypopeseses' all the time on Dinosaur Train!" So funny! Thank you God for PBS or Disney or whatever channel is teaching my child so well. :) *Note -- I really don't let them watch THAT MUCH TV!

Anyway, we are in recovery mode here.... enjoying being together as a family, re-examining some routines and discipline approaches, getting ready for birthday celebrations and some family trips, shoring up our to-do lists of projects, and planning some date nights too!

Yeah Jon! I am so proud of all the hard work you do. Thank you for supporting us so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment