Friday, December 30, 2011

On a lighter note.... ham!

As I was running some errands with the boys today, I was talking with them about the Feast of the Holy Family. Our last stop happened to be at the Honeybaked Ham Store. A fond memory came to me and I laughed out loud as I told the boys the story.

When I was just a year or two out of college I went with my family on a cruise during the week between Christmas and New Years. It was great fun, especially on New Year's Eve. On that night I saw an image of the Holy Family that few have ever witnessed. (I know we used to have a snapshot of it.... but I can't seem to find it. I tried really hard and I couldn't even find anything remotely like it on Google Images.)

Get ready for it.....

At the top of the midnight buffet.... nestled among the fancy ice sculptures, cheese sculptures, fruit sculptures, etc.... there was a magnificently crafted portrayal of the Holy Family.... carved out of a block of......

HAM!

On Google I saw Holy Family images made of flower pots, fleece, clay, wood, plastic, and metal. But not ham.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.... pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment