Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Celebrating the Guardian Angels...

... with pancakes!



 
Breakfast for dinner = happy boys!
 
Check out that TWO plate dinner! I may soon be working at a grocery store just to feed these growing boys.
 
Today's Feast Day of the Guardian Angels is a great comfort to me as a mom. I work hard to protect and guide my boys, but I don't have to do that alone. God has given each of them their very own protector and guide --- their Guardian Angels.
 
The Church teaches ----
 
 From its beginning until death, human life is surrounded by their watchful care and intercession. “Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life.” Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united in God.
Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraph 336.
 
Thank you God! I think Guardian Angels are one of your best ideas and most glorious creations. You do not send us into this world --- or into any situation --- alone. Thank you for my Guardian Angel and for all of the hidden ways that angel has guarded and guided me throughout my life. Thanks also for the Guardian Angels of my loved ones, especially my active and adventurous little boys. I know those angels work hard and I am so thankful. Amen.
 
 
 


 
Adam... our little monkey.
All he wants to do is climb and jump.
He is in love with everything that is "action-y."
(Obviously English class doesn't qualify.)
 
Both boys really caught on to Fr. Schmit's message in his homily that our Guardian Angels are FIERCE and FEROCIOUS. They must not only protect us from danger, but also fight off the forces of evil that surround and tempt us. That's not the cute, sparkly image of angels we usually think of... and it's one that really spoke to Ray and Adam.

 
Happy Feast of the Guardian Angels!
 
Angel of God,
my guardian dear,
to whom God's love
commits me here,
ever this day
be at my side
to light,
to guard,
to rule,
to guide.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment