Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jesus and the Twelve Apostles


Just in time for Holy Week.... I FINALLY finished my Jesus and Apostles peg dolls. This is a project I've wanted to complete for a few years. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. In addition to using them for telling Bible stories, I'm hoping to use them as part of an apostle unit study with the boys this summer or in the fall.

As you can see in the pictures below, on the back of each doll I attached the apostle's name and symbol (which I found in a coloring book). I used the pictures in Father Lovasik's books to help make each apostle look different. Those faces are really challenging! I think a few of them ended up looking Asian. I meant to make Judas (far left) look angry, but some of the others do as well. It's just really tricky to get those mustaches right.

Anyway, I just thought I'd show them off a bit here. Now I need a "Last Supper" table. Hmmmm.
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Katie- I love the new blog look! And those Apostle dolls rock! Amazing....

    ReplyDelete