Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bear Necessities!

While the rest of the world was glued to the television awaiting the announcement of our new Pope, we were at a class at the zoo. I just knew that was going to happen. Almost immediately after the class began my phone began to buzz with messages about the white smoke. I was trying to follow the news on my phone.... and I didn't end up learning a thing about bears!
 
As it turned out, when my mom finally called and told me about Pope Francis I was trying to distract my boys from the polar bears mating right in front of us. Memorable, huh? Somehow I think that will always be what I remember from the beginning of this papacy. ("Where were you when.....?")
 
Fortunately, the boys were paying much better attention to the class. This month's topic was "Bear Necessities." We had "necessities" as our word of the day in preparation for our lesson. ;) Here are some pictures from our class and the exhibits we visited before class. Did I mention that it was FREEZING cold today? Brrr.....
 

These langurs put on quite a show for us!


Adam touching some kind of snake

Ray displaying an actual piece of polar bear fur.

Adam showing the actual size of polar bear paws!


Ray took this lovely shot of me glued to my phone.
Yes, mom, I know you love my goofy hat!







It's hard to believe that we only have one more zoo class left. We've really enjoyed them.... even in the freezing cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment