Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013 Everybody!
I have declared this year to be "THE YEAR OF SPARKLE" for me!
(Most of you already know how I just love the bling!)
 
 

My sisters surprised me on New Year's Day with a big box of sparkly gifts! (And some trashy magazines about the royals.... because I totally love them but I'm too cheap and embarrassed to buy the magazines myself.) Thanks girls! I love it. I just finished painting my nails a sparkly purple! They're fabulous!


So I am ready to sparkle!

What's this sparkle-mania really about?

a. I'm just really tacky.
b. I have a pathetic, boring life.
c. I want to be flashy and show off.
d. I am a total and complete nerd.
e. I just like it. It makes me feel happy.
f. It's all about letting God's light shine brightly... being a person of joy!

Well, you can make your own choice. But "d" is probably true, "e" is definitely true and "f" is what I am striving for!

This blog -- "Being Mirrors" --- is based on that goal of reflecting God's love in the world. God is the light. Our job is to reflect that light to the world. I'm planning a future post about this soon... based on a cool book I'm reading.

But in the meantime, here are some things I'm looking forward to this year:





13 Things I'm Looking Forward To in 2013
(Besides SPARKLING!)

1.  Ray will be receiving his First Communion in May! We have begun our formal preparations.



2.  Our family vacation (including my mom, sisters, etc.) to Disneyworld and on a Disney Cruise!




3.  The Holy Father has declared this to be a Year of Faith, an opportunity for us to deepen our knowledge about, devotion to, and practice of our Catholic Faith. I'm embracing that challenge and re-committing myself to spiritual reading and study as well as more prayer time. A friend of mine recently wrote a nice article with specific suggestions for faith formation during this Year of Faith. Check it out here and join me in digging in to some of the resources she suggests.




4.  I am excited to attend this year's Columbus Catholic Women's Conference in February! It promises to be a great day with awesome speakers. I'm looking forward to this time of refreshment, inspiration, and fellowship.




5. DOWNTON ABBEY! Seriously.The third season FINALLY starts THIS SUNDAY! Can't wait! Matthew and Mary had better get married!




6. More date nights with Jon. The boys are older. We can get away more. We want to and need to focus more on our marriage. We'll be setting aside time together, whether we go out on a fancy date or just watch a movie or play a game at home. It's crazy how easy it is for us to go many days with really connecting or just having some non-kid-related fun!




7. Finishing my kitchen project. Ha ha. I want it to happen... but the progress has been slower than a turtle. If only some magic elves would come and paint my cupboards, fix my floor, finish the trim.... in the night! (No Dad, I don't mean you!) Today my mom and I did go pick out some fabric for Roman shades in the kitchen windows. That's progress, right?






 
8. Camp Tee Tee! We had so much fun last year. I hope I'll get to have Carter and Ava for at least a week this summer. I'm thinking we might make a movie.




9. Taking better care of myself. Choosing some things I want to do just for relaxation and enjoyment. I could say "eat right" and "exercise." I am trying to do better at those things. But I'm not really looking forward to them. I'm praying for the motivation, will power, divine intervention.....





10. All of the ideas I find on Pinterest. I admit that I'm addicted. I am an idea person. I just love collecting all of the POSSIBILITIES! I learn so much and get totally energized by all of the great ideas for school, home, crafts, recipes.... Love it! It's a fun part of every day for me. (And yes, I do actually do lots of the things I pin!)



11. A few friends and I are starting a book club for our kids! This is an idea I've wanted to try for a long time. I'm hoping to do it on a bigger scale in our homeschool group next year. But for now we're going to get our kids together every few weeks this winter and share books, talk about books, do book projects, etc. I'm hoping this will increase my boys' appetite for reading as well as strengthen some language arts skills.




12. Homeschool Adventures! Every day is a new adventure in our homeschool. I'm looking forward to the units and field trips we have planned as well as to the everyday learning and progress that (although not always easy) is so exciting to watch.



13. Surprises! I look forward to the unplanned good things that will happen... big and small. Especially spontaneous moments of joy and fun. I trust in God, knowing He will be with me in all the good times and all the bad times and challenges.

May 2013 be a year filled with grace and blessings for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment