Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bosco Boys Club - "Responsibility" and "Patience"

Greetings faithful readers! I am FINALLY back from the crazy foggy-headed land of bronchitis. I can't believe how long it has taken me to get some energy back. I am anxious to catch up on some blogging!
First off.... Bosco Boys Club.

The virtue for March was responsibility. Ironically, I decided to shirk my responsibilities and skip that meeting! ;) That ended up being the week that my mom and I took the boys to Indianapolis. Fortunately, my faithful assistants stepped in and held a wonderful meeting. They made beautiful Saint Joseph plaques and enjoyed yummy Italian bread and treats.


April's virtue was patience. Those of you who know me will understand how perfectly appropriate it was for me to lead this meeting. (Ha ha!)


We began with some playtime. The boys are really interacting and enjoying each other more and more each month. This month's big hit was "Bey Blades." They had a blast battling each other with the spinning tops.





We then learned a bit about Saint Frances de Sales and talked about the ways we have to practice patience in our lives. The boys hunted for Easter eggs and worked in color teams to put together quotes about patience. Then we enjoyed a yummy snack.




Next we headed outside. I had frozen little plastic sea creature toys in cups. Each boy got one to "excavate." They loved this! They began working with the play tools I brought.... but quickly figured out how to smash the ice on the pavement to free the toys. I didn't get many pictures because I was laughing so hard. This was pure fun for them. Gotta love boys!


What a privilege it is for me and my boys to have this time each month with some really great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment