Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So Happy Together

Today Jon and I are celebrating our ninth wedding anniversary. Life is certainly different for us now.... even better than we could have imagined. When I reflect on our relationship and how it continues to grow, I thank God with my whole heart. His plans are so much greater than our own. What a blessing it is to have a partner to share everything with... from day-to-day schedules and tasks to lifelong dreams and adventures.... from silly jokes and banter to deepest fears and desires. It is one of life's greatest blessings to know and be known in a committed, lifelong relationship.

For many years both Jon and I yearned to find our "special someone." We both experienced great loneliness and questioned God's plan and timing. So today we remember what a gift God gave us in one another. And we pray for those who are still searching and discerning their vocations. Trust in God. Do not despair. He makes all things perfect in their time.

No, our relationship isn't perfect... but our unity with one another and with God is. I cherish the history we have, the memories we make each day, and all that is to come.


The last song we danced to at our wedding reception was "Grow Old With Me" by John Lennon (sung by Mary Chapin Carpenter). I love the lyrics and am enjoying listening to it today.

"Grow old along with me
The best is yet to be
When our time has come
We will be as one
God bless our love
God bless our love

Grow old along with me
Two branches of one tree
Face the setting sun
When the day is done
God bless our love
God bless our love

Spending our lives together
Man and wife together
World without end
World without end

Grow old along with me
Whatever fate decress
We will see it through
For our love is true
God bless our love
God bless our love."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: