Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My First Blogaversary!

I can hardly believe it's been a year since my first post here at Being Mirrors. Thank you very much for reading along... and for all of your positive feedback. I have really enjoyed chronicling our family adventures as well as some personal reflections. I have learned a lot about technology along the way too! I have some additional features I'm hoping to add to the blog soon.

I continue to be inspired and challenged by 2 Corinthians 3:18... "we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord." Am I spending more time looking (critically or vainly) at myself in the mirror OR am I striving to BE a mirror? I want to reflect God's image and His glory to all I meet, but especially to my children. I want them to love GOD with their whole hearts and to see His presence in all things.

And so I really enjoy turning all the mirrors I see into reminders of this mission. And my favorite mirrors are still disco balls! I felt God winking at me through the disco balls when I felt crabby and tired at yesterday's roller skating party. I was reminded of  the patient and joyful person I want to be.

On this blogaversary I pray that I will continue to grow as a disciple of Jesus, that I will humbly reflect HIS love and power more than my own ambitions, successes, or opinions. I thank you for inspiring and helping me in this mission. Let's all take a moment today to look lovingly in the mirror, to try to see ourselves as God sees us. Let's open our hearts to receive God's wisdom and love so that we may reflect it to others in ever new and beautiful ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment