Monday, August 1, 2011

So Blessed


 Today I enjoyed a very nice, low-key birthday. It was much less traumatic (as well as less festive) than last year. I feel so blessed by the kind notes, phone calls, gifts, and good wishes I received from so many family members and dear friends. It's hard to complain about being 41 when I'm supported and surrounded by all of you! I am truly blessed.


Jon and I went out for a  lovely "birthday date" on Friday evening. Last night my mom made a delicious family dinner to celebrate my birthday. Today I was served breakfast in bed and received some beautiful earrings and a (copy of) an amazing painting of Mary (that I've been wanting to display in our home for a long time). The boys and I went to the playground and on some errands, but other than that it was a quiet day at home. We did a few science experiments. Jon brought home Chinese food (and roses!) after work. It was a calm, relaxing day. Yeah!

I hope the peace and happiness of today are indicative of what my 42nd year will be like! Thanks again for all of your love and prayers today and always.

Happy homemaker! My sister got me this lovely apron!

Roses from my love.


"Our Lady of Innocence" by  Bouguereau
Science Experiments
(Yeast, water, and sugar cause the balloon to inflate.)
(Oil, water, food coloring, and Alka Seltzer = "lava lamp")

1 comment:

  1. Glad your birthday was happy! I love the art work. I just told Sean I wanted to get that painting. Becky

    ReplyDelete