Sunday, January 30, 2011

Get.This.Book!



For many months I have enjoyed Ann Voskamp's blog, http://www.aholyexperience.com/. She is a holy, profound, poetic writer. She is a kindred spirit, a homeschooling mom on the Christian journey. I had heard some good things about her newly published book, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, so I decided to add it to a recent Amazon order.

I have read 48 pages and I am absolutely, profoundly changed. I am savoring every word, pondering so many amazing insights, re-reading, praying. It has been many years since I've read anything that has touched me so deeply. I am at once affirmed and challenged. Her words are truly grace-filled. I am hearing God's voice through hers.

Her main point thus far is: by giving thanks in and for everything, we come to experience the fullness of salvation in Christ and the fullness of joy that comes with it. Voskamp, a non-denominational Christian, focuses on the term eucharisteo. She uses Scripture passages and personal experiences to highlight true thanks-giving as the gateway to joy and peace.

I want to devour this book in one night, yet I know it needs to be taken slowly. I am already planning to read it through once and then immediately start over again to digest it more fully.

So - without reading even half of it - I'm giving this book my highest recommendation. I hope you'll get your hands on a copy and we can talk about it together soon!

Blessings for a holy and happy week!

1 comment:

  1. I just downloaded it to my new Kindle a few days ago. Haven't started it yet because finishing another book but now I really want to! Can't wait to talk about it with you!

    ReplyDelete