Friday, January 21, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Just for fun today... a few of my favorite things. I hope this doesn't make me seem materialistic. Obviously my heart belongs to God and to my family. I live a fairly simple life. I was just thinking about some of the simple, everyday things that make me happy or make life easier.

First of all, of course, the elixir of life... Diet Coke. It's my biggest vice at this point and I am trying to wean myself off of it. But I love it.



And, here's a better look at my new boots! As I said, they just make me smile.



My friend Susan got me these awesome warm socks!



Almost everyone who comes into my house comments on our wire line in the school room. It's from Ikea. We display our best schoolwork and artwork on it. At Christmas we hang all of our cards.



A housekeeping splurge that I can no longer do without -



My sisters, mom, and I all got these cool cups from Meijer. They're hard plastic, BPA free. They just make you feel like you're drinking from a take-out cup, which for some reason we all love.



And then there's my backyard Mary statue. I had seen one just like it in our neighborhood and could never find one to buy. A few years ago Jon worked with my sister-in-law Nancy to get one from Michigan. It's perfect and I love looking out my kitchen window and seeing it. Mary's pretty cold today, covered in a blanket of snow. I'm hoping to plant a garden around her this summer.




My other great love is books. Amazon.com is a very dangerous site for me. I love reading all kinds of books --- novels, nonfiction, homeschool, parenting, children's books, inspirational,... so little time, so many books!


So, what are your favorite things? Post a comment and share!

2 comments:

  1. Check out those boots! Must have had some good shoppers with you to encourage your purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie I love this. I'm joining you, possibly tomorrow with some picture posts on my blog as well. I have my favorite boots too!

    ReplyDelete