Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fabulous Friday Night Out!

Last night I got to "run away" for a fun evening out with two of my favorite people... my mom and my dear friend Karen. We had a great time! We went out to dinner --- NO KIDS MENU! --- and truly enjoyed talking and laughing... and drinking cocktails and eating delicious food.

Then, things got really girly when we ducked into a store next to the restaurant. (I wouldn't let them take me home until after the boys were in bed!) We had a fabulous time trying on some "killer heels" and doing our best Heidi Klum impressions. We're really just lucky no one broke an ankle! Aren't the black socks so chic? When I tried to explain that I needed the silver pair for my job, another shopper looked intrigued... but then my mom ratted me out as a homeschool mom. I guess I'll stick with the fuzzy slippers.


However, I did make a rather exciting footwear purchase.

Although you can't really appreciate their exquisite beauty and wild quirkiness in this cell phone picture, these are my FABULOUS new peacock feather rain boots! Yep, size 10. I spotted them from across the store and HAD to have them. So, if you see me wearing them even when it isn't rainy or muddy or snowy, just know that they make me happy. Yes, I know they are wild and weird looking. But I love them! A girl just has to make a statement with her feet!

Thank God for Friday nights out with Fabulous Friends and Fantastic Footwear!

1 comment: