Friday, July 9, 2010

A Rainy Day Prayer

Thank you God for ......

LEGOS!

Even though my family room looks like this... the TV is off, the children are engaged and quiet, and I have a moment to breathe.

Thank you God for.....

RAIN!

Even though the ground is muddy and the pool is closed... we are refreshed and cooled. The gardens are watered. The Earth is renewed.

Thank you God for.....<>

GREAT BIG PUDDLES!

Even though the boys are wet and dirty... they had a wonderful time riding their bikes and splashing and stomping. I was thrilled by their sheer joy and exuberance. I was reminded of the magic of childhood. It was fun!

I thank you and praise You, Lord for our many varied days.... for the opportunities to learn and play and work and pray. Open my eyes and my heart to see you everywhere. May I whole-heartedly enter into the experiences, responsibilities, and adventures that come my way. May I praise and honor you as I go about my day, whatever it brings and wherever it leads.

Amen.

***I apologize for the small pictures of the puddles. I took those with my camera phone and am still learning how to use them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment