Monday, July 12, 2010

Freaky Monday

When I was awakened by the rumble of thunder I should have known what kind of day it would be. Today was not a horrible day; it was more like a weird dream I guess. It included a cancelled play date, a whallop of a tantrum about a colored pencil, shopping plans foiled by a store being closed on Mondays, getting soaked in a downpour, making homemade playdoh, debating at length (with a four year old and a five year old) the relative sizes of the planets, trying to navigate a road that looked more like an ocean because of flash-flooding, finding ants in a kitchen cupboard, and a wet mangy raccoon walking across the road right in front of me in broad daylight. And that's an incomplete sample of today's random weird moments.

On the bright side, I got to spend some fun time with my mom and we even got ice cream at Graeter's.

Weird mixed-up day. None of my plans worked out the way I thought they would.
Oh well. I was able to laugh at most of it. After dinner tonight the sun was poking through the clouds. I went out and looked for a rainbow. I didn't find one, but I felt one in my heart. I felt God's presence and faithfulness. I exhaled, cleaned up the dishes and some lego's, and put the boys to bed.

I don't pretend to know what tomorrow will bring, but I know God will be there with me. I know there won't be anything that the two of us can't handle together.

Goodbye Freaky Monday..... Can't wait for Totally Terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment