Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Little Fish

Ray and Adam absolutely love to swim. They are fearless in the water. Ray, especially, is built to swim with such a long torso and long arms. It is awesome that we live just three houses up from our neighborhood pool.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the pool with my sister Reenie and my niece Ava. Since Ava (who is eight) was going off the diving board, Ray was determined to do it too. Although he had done it at swim lessons last year, he had never asked to do it since. The life guard said he could do it as long as he could swim to the ladder and get out of the water on his own. He gave it a try.... fearlessly. He was SO PROUD of himself and SO EXCITED! He proceeded to jump off the board at least 20 more times during the afternoon.


All day today we anticipated the beginning of swim lessons this evening. (We were rained out on Monday and Tuesday.) We had to go early so Ray could jump off the diving board a few dozen times before the lessons started. It is really fun to watch him. He even tries to do tricks!





The lessons went well. Who knows.... maybe we have a future Michael Phelpps - or two - in our midst. Adam told me tonight that he will win a hundred gold medals and give some of them to me. I just hope that both boys will continue to love to swim and work on their skills. I spent my childhood summers at the pool and on the swim team. Maybe they'll do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment