Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Simple Machines

My Dad and Mary recently completed another awesome unit study with the boys. This time it was all about simple machines. Wedges. Screws. Gears. Inclined Planes. Axles. Catapults. Pulleys. Propellers. And I'm not even sure what else! It was all stuff that I'm not very well-versed in and would not have had nearly as much fun teaching as they did. And I got to check it off the curriculum list! Fortunately, Dad and Mary were in town and able to do this unit with the boys while I helped my mom transition from the hospital to the rehab center and then home. It was so great to know that the boys were learning and having fun even when I couldn't be there with them.

This unit was so awesomely hands-on! They did lots of experiments and then wrote about them in their folders. Here's a peek at the simple machines action ---






















 
Thanks so much Dad and Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment