Friday, March 25, 2011

Preparing for Easter

It seems that I'm always posting ideas for crafts and projects AFTER we celebrate/complete them. I thought I'd post a glimpse at a few things I have planned for Easter.... in case you may want to use them with your family.

After looking at it for several years online, I finally ordered a Resurrection set. It's like a Nativity set, but for Easter. I got mine for $19.99 at Autom.com, but I couldn't find it there tonight. I know it's also available at orientaltrading.com for $24.99.  It's a great deal for something that is sure to become a treasured part of our Easter celebration for many years to come. I'm very happy with the look and quality of the set. I haven't shown it to the boys. It will just APPEAR on Easter morning! ;)


I got three bags of these sparkly foam egg ornaments at Dollar Tree. At Easter our Jesus Tree ornaments will be replaced by these! I hope to also have the branch painted white.


Last year I posted all about our Good Shepherd Garden Parties, which we celebrated weekly throughout the Easter Season. Jessica at Shower of Roses has a good overview of the Garden of the Good Shepherd project here. It is a poster kit designed by Tomie dePaola with coordinating readings and stickers for each day of the Easter Season. I think we will probably do this again this year. I see that the story/sticker set is available here if you'd like to order one. Also, Charlotte at Waltzing Matilda has a really great printable version of the kit here.

I am also considering making a display of 50 Easter eggs... one for each day of the Easter Season. Perhaps I'll do this along with our Alleluia banner on the mantel in our family room. I got this idea here. Some families  put little treats or special activity "coupons" inside each egg. They open one each day, thus really extending the celebration throughout the 50 days. One family I know put the stickers for the Garden of the Good Shepherd poster in their eggs and put all the eggs in a basket. Each day the sticker was taken out and the egg was hung in a display. That might be a good way for us to do it!

So what fun things are you planning for Easter? Leave a comment to share your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment