Tuesday, July 24, 2012

There's Something About Tuesdays

I'm sure this isn't the first time I've whined here about Tuesdays..... but it seems like crappy, weird stuff happens on Tuesdays pretty often. No major tragedies here today, thanks be to God. Just a "Tuesday kind of day."

Ray is attending a Cub Scout day camp this week, which is awesome except for the fact that it's 40 minutes from home. Fortunately, a few of his friends are also attending and we are sharing the car pool duties! Today Jon took the day off work to be a helper at the camp. I was so excited for him and Ray to get to do such awesome activities together. (The campers rotate to an amazing number of cool stations - archery, fishing, swimming, knot tying, bb guns, sling shot...)

Well, let's just say today was less than idyllic at camp. Rain. Lightning. Thunder. Lots of waiting around. Camp ended up being cancelled for the day by around noon. Bummer!

Here are a few pictures Jon took ---


The only activity Ray got to do today - slingshot. He loved it!


Most of the day was spent waiting around in crowded, hot lodges.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... Adam and I waited for the floor guy to come and fix our kitchen floor which he botched WAY BACK IN FEBRUARY! Many of you know of our floor saga.... I won't repeat it all here. Today was the day that our ridiculous contractor promised to be here. (I would love to put his name here and the full story of how inept he is.... but I'll use a bit of restraint.) He was due here at 9:00am. Showed up at 11:15. Pulled up big sections of the vinyl to apply a different glue. Left glue exposed for long lengths of time.

Cats were barricaded with us in my room.... until I needed to go to the bathroom. Gloria escaped. Ran right through the glue. Glue on paws. Uggghhhh! Call to the vet. Soaking cat paws in warm soapy water (which she did not love). Such things can only happen on a Tuesday!

I'd love to say that my floor is perfectly wonderful now and finally fixed. However.... sigh. It's better than it was.

Jon was really the Totally Terrific Tuesday Hero of the Day. He brought Ray and his two friends (who needed to stay with us for the day) home from camp. He helped with the cat paw washing fiasco. He dealt with the contractor dude. He took us all to Glow Putt and Dairy Queen!






We managed to turn lemons into lemonade and have a fun afternoon. Jon did admit, however, that he will be happy to be back at the office tomorrow!

For me tomorrow will be a day of driving back and forth to camp, doing some housework and cooking,  and entertaining Adam and my nephew. At least it won't be Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. My boys thought it was a Terrific Tuesday because of you and Jon! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete