Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keeping Cool

It's sweltering hot here.... hottest day in four years... 96 degrees with heat index of 105! We've been at VBS every morning and then taking it easy reading and watching movies in the afternoons. I've been trying to make cool summery dinners --- BLT's, ham, corn on the cob, etc. Tonight we all went down and jumped in the pool and it felt GREAT!







I saw this posted on Facebook and I think it really puts things in perspective:

"I was going to complain about how hot it is, then I realized that: 1.) It isn't 119 degrees:) I'm not 5,700 miles from home: 3:) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+lbs.: 4.) There is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve."

Yes, it's hot outside. But I'm resting comfortably in an air conditioned home. Let's give thanks for those who are defending us in very difficult circumstances and let's pray for and help out those who are really suffering from the heat here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment