Sunday, November 28, 2010

Perfect Vision!


Thank you God for four "perfectly working" eyes! Last week we spent a very long afternoon visiting the Opthamologist at our Children's Hospital. The boys had their first eye exam. (The glasses in the pictures above were a "souvenir" that they got to wear home because their eyes were dilated.)

The good news was that both boys have great eyesight. (Our pediatrician wanted to have them checked partly because their dad got glasses at an early age.)
The bad news is that it was a very long afternoon. (And I felt bad because I even had my mom come with us in case we needed "one-on-one coverage." Thanks Mom!)

It was a wonderful opportunity for me to practice patience. Even though I was thinking of the 1,367,320 things I needed to do, I calmly (well, pretty calmly) waited. Also, it was a great experience of putting things in perspective. So many of the families at the hospital are there for incredibly horrible and challenging illnesses and accidents. I've been giving thanks for healthy children who can see really well! And I've been reminded to pray for sick children and their families.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. We do have so much to be thankful for. I remember when we use to take Julia to therapy at Children's, we had to pass Hospice on the way. I would always pray and often cry thinking about those poor little kids and their families.

    Abe got his eyes check this week too. No glasses needed yet for us either!

    ReplyDelete