Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday - Part Two

(Sorry... no poem this time. My brain just can't do it tonight!)

After the exciting morning at our local Holiday Festival and Character Breakfast, we needed a nap. Especially since we had more big plans for that night!

Jon's boss has generously purchased a series of Blue Jackets (hockey) tickets for the firm employees to use. Since Jon is a big Red Wings fan, we HAD to go to Friday's Blue Jackets / Red Wings game.

As the boys napped, I snuck out on a few errands. When I returned at dinnertime, this is what I saw:

FACE-OFF!

There were two very eager (and fancily-clad) hockey fans facing off in our school room! They were chanting, "Let's go Jackets!" ..... "Let's Go Red Wings!"

After dinner there was much debate about who would be cheering for which team and what outfits everyone was going to wear. I safely settled on my OSU sweater. Jon and Ray chose Red Wings. Adam adamantly insisted on wearing JON'S Blue Jacket jersey and hat.... and taking TWO foam fingers to cheer for his team.

Yes, we got a lot a lot of funny looks and chuckles as we walked through the arena. It was so precious, though, because he was SO proud of how he looked. He made me carry his coat and he was puffing out his chest as he walked.

The boys loved the hockey game and they lasted through the whole thing! They loved the zambonis and the cheering and even the loud cannon (which they were terrified by last year). It was a great evening, even though the Jackets lost.

I just had to include this last picture because I think it's so funny that Adam has on this huge jersey over top of a pair of way-too-small pajamas that he refuses to give up. Check out the toe poking through the foot! He's quite the fashion enigma!

No comments:

Post a Comment