Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One More Thing...

As a follow up to my last post about Religious Education, I just want to add that another very important way we teach the faith to our children is through our devotions - alone and as a couple. By praying and studying the faith individually and together we grow in faith and in our ability to teach the faith. When the boys see us praying and studying the faith, that does not go un-noticed.

Tonight I was praying with Adam in his bed. He asked me, "Mommy, before I go to sleep, could we say that 'fires of hell' prayer? It is so cool!" I also overheard him in time out yesterday praying multiple Hail Mary's. I'm not sure that his intentions were pure though. He told me was just praying like crazy that I would let him go play. It's definitely a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment