Sunday, January 26, 2014

Keeping Warm


 Brrr!!! More snow and more cold. It was a hibernating kind of weekend here.  The roads were pretty bad this morning and there weren't many people even at the noon Mass. This evening, though, the roads were clear enough and my family got together at my mom's house. She made us a super yummy dinner ---- chicken Marengo --- and we had fun visiting. Thanks Mom!

We've actually been doing this a lot on Sunday evenings recently and it's become a nice family time. Mom has been cooking the main dishes and we've all been bringing the sides. It reminds me a lot of the tradition my family had when I was a kid. We always went to Mass on Sunday mornings and then to my Grandparents' house for a big family breakfast.

A few pictures of keeping warm on this snowy day ---

My fun new socks.... gotta have some color to make me smile!

Yum! Hot chai tea with almond milk in a beautiful mug that belonged to my grandmother.

Scarf twins!

The kids table!


Yummy meal.
Paper plates.
Not many dishes.
Yay!
Just wish I had gotten a picture of the yummy pie Colleen brought.
And now, the best way to end the day.....
It's time for ....

 
Downton Abbey!
I hope nobody gets raped or killed this week!
 
 
Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment