Saturday, March 10, 2012

What I've Been Up To Lately...

Posting's been a bit slow around here lately. I've been busy with....

Sick Boys!

Ray and Adam both struggled all week with a virus that turned into Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Fortunately, they didn't get really bad bumps and blisters. Mostly just fevers and sore throats and itching. I think (knock on wood) that we're mostly over it now. We're laying low through the weekend. We have spent the week snuggling, reading lots and lots of books, and watching lots of shows. Adam has discovered "America's Funniest Videos." He laughs hysterically through the whole thing. Ray has discovered "How It's Made" - a cool show about factories and a wide variety of products.

Can I consider this "mummy" an extension of our Egypt unit?
It's Ray rolling on the floor and whining about his sore throat.

This is what my living room looked like for most of the week.... an awesome fort!

Jon's is really, really busy at work. He pops home for dinner and hangs out with us for an hour or two. Then he's back to work until 11:00ish. Here he's checking out "America's Home Videos" with the boys.

School

Being the tyrant teacher that I am, I managed to keep school going even when the boys were sick. We just did it in bits and pieces. We've enjoyed learning about the planets over the past few days.

The boys had a great time making these glow-in-the-dark posters, which came from Aunt Julie a long time ago and were tucked away until now!
Ray -- finally feeling better on Friday afternoon!



Another Batch of Saint Dolls

I just finished painting 21 Saint Francis of Assisi dolls. We're having another exchange on Monday. I can't wait to see all the new saints for our collection. I love doing these dolls, but it's very time consuming!




Forty Bags in Forty Days!
I've spent a lot of our stuck-at-home time doing some decluttering and re-organizing. I'm still working on getting 40 bags of stuff out of here during Lent!


And the biggest thing I've been spending my free moments on.....

Downton abbey

Oh. my. goodness!!!! I just had to see what all the hype was about. And now I'm hooked! What a fabulous show! I look forward to "Downton Time" every evening. I'm half way through the season two episodes and I don't know what I'll do when I finish! I will definitely be going through withdrawal.

I am really enjoying the twisty-turny storyline, the characters, the beautiful costumes. But I now go about my daily chores (laundry, dishes, cleaning, cooking....) wondering "WHERE are the servants?" I certainly picture myself as one of the ladies of the house. I need someone to come and dress me, do my hair, bring me tea.... Right?

Seriously, it's a fairy tale about a different world. I HAVE been listfully dreaming of all the things I could do if I had a full complement of house staff members. But most of the time I just suck it up, dive into the sink full of dirty dishes, and say "All for you, Jesus!"

So, that's what I've been up to lately. ;) I hope you're finding productive and fun pursuits to keep you busy as we "march" through these almost-Spring days.

No comments:

Post a Comment