Thursday, September 15, 2011

Adam's Theology


Adam recently drew this "holy picture." I was thrilled, especially since the only things he seems to be drawing lately are Mario Brothers pictures. He narrated this picture to me, pointing out the yellow cross where Jesus died, the soldier guarding the tomb, and the purple angel with blue wings. Who are the three "guys" on top? "God. Jesus. Santa Claus." My response: "Wow. Really? Do those three hang out a lot together?" Adam's reply: "Yes. They're cousins."

How could I respond to that? I chuckled and gave him a hug and told him I loved his picture. Then, my bubble was really burst when he asked me if he could have a dollar for drawing a holy picture! (We've been encouraging the boys to do extra chores to earn spending money for an upcoming trip.) Sigh. He's definitely got the "Santa Clause syndrome" .... "gimme, gimme, gimme." I just hope and pray that the "holiness syndrome" ... "love, give, serve" is growing somewhere in there too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Tell him to keep those holy pictures coming for the Atrium. No Mario;)

    ReplyDelete