Thursday, June 30, 2011

More Snapshots of Summertime Fun!


Here are some snippets from another fun week of summer. Enjoy! (Regarding the picture above.... Yes, that's me on the raft. Weight Watchers is really going great! Actually.... it's my friend Sara and I don't care if she's mad at me for putting her backside here. Someday she'll look back at this picture and "remember when!" )

On Monday at the grocery store Adam declared that he "simply had to have one of those beautiful lemons." As I was unloading groceries, he was very busy in the kitchen. He made homemade lemonade! (I had to emphatically insist on being the one to cut up the lemon, but I followed his directions exactly.)


He took a long, discerning sip of the finished product and exclaimed, "Now I just feel so grown up." He drank a few more sips and then gave the rest to Jon. It was very cute.


(Note the slice of lemon on the edge of the glass. That was a "must have.")

 On Tuesday we went to the downtown library to attend a magic presentation by "Fireman Dave" (our local superhero that we know from Safety Town). My sister Reenie was off work and she went along, as did Jon who had just returned from North Carolina. We really enjoyed the magic tricks, which were all based on the "Super Hero" theme of our summer reading program.

 Jon even got drafted to be part of one trick!


 (I doubt he'll ever go with us to any of these things again!)

Check out these crazy reading superheroes! One definitely looks more enthusiastic than the other!



On Wednesday we met up with some of our homeschool friends for a creeking adventure. It was a fantastic day and we enjoyed splashing around and looking for critters. One of the dads found this ----

 and this ----

Ray loved catching little minnows and tadpoles.




 It was great to see my friend Sylvia and her ADORABLE new baby boy!


 As we were getting ready to leave the park, Adam lost his second tooth!



 The fun afternoon was capped off with a yummy treat!

2 ice cream cones from McDonald's: $1.18
Being declared the best mom in the world AND being able to duck into the farm market tent alone: PRICELESS!

This afternoon we had the privilege of babysitting for my four year old God-daughter Cassandra. We decided to begin to get into the 4th of July spirit with some crafts and snacks (all inspired by Family Fun Magazine).

We made hats....

and glittery fireworks art...



 and yummy ice cream bar treats!


This evening was the perfect summer evening! The weather was great and we were invited to visit some dear family friends for a dip in their pool and a cookout! We had SO MUCH FUN!!! (Thank you Wells family!) The boys swam and swam and swam and swam. And I didn't have to cook dinner. And I got to visit with some of my favorite people. My only regret is that I didn't get good pictures of these friends! I guess we need to go back. Their yard is a summer paradise!




 And finally.... would you be offended if a friend gave your children a gift of soap? Does she think your children are dirty? What if it's "holey" soap? My awesome friend Mary Lou ALWAYS has interesting, wonderful gifts for the boys. Tonight it was "holey, environmentally friendly soap." They loved it! And I'm sure we'll use it! :)


I hope you enjoy a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time creeking with your guys! thanks for the picture of me and Nate!

    ReplyDelete