Friday, October 8, 2010

A Trip to the Farm

We took advantage of yesterday's beautiful weather to make a Fall trip to Slate Run Farm. As the Charlotte's Web craze continues, seeing pigs and searching for spider webs qualify as big fun for us! (As I type this the boys are having a wonderful time winding very long pieces of yarn all around the house. They are turning our house into a gigantic spider web!)




Grinding corn - We spent lots of time playing in and climbing this giant pile of straw.


Hanging out in the hammock -

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,
    I'm enjoying catching up on your blog! I thought I'd let you know that we caught a spider in our classroom. We put him/her in our bug jar and the next morning, noticed that she made an egg sack! Yep, right there in the bottom of the jar is a yucky web-type thing with little black dots inside! I noticed today that she's opened the sack! I'm expecting to find little spiders crawling around in the next day or two. Now I wonder if those little babies can squeeze through those holes in the top of the jar...

    I love the thought of using themes like Charlotte's Web. We are studying authors...David Shannon (we sent him birthday cards and he wrote back to us!), Bill Martin, Jr. and Eric Carle.

    Hope to see you soon! I miss you!
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete