Saturday, October 23, 2010

Time Flies When You're....

....visiting family in Michigan, losing your wedding band, homeschooling, running away with your husband to Amish country, planning and teaching in a co-op, taking children to various activities, doing laundry, cooking dinner.....

Yikes! It's been a busy few weeks. My sister informed me that this blog needs to be updated. We've been very busy with lots of fun adventures and one scary saga.

We took a quick weekend trip to Michigan to celebrate some family birthdays.

Adam and his cousin Kelly


Ray and Aunt Julie


Ray pretending to drive Grandma's mower


Adam helping Daddy with yard work at Grandma's house


Adam buried in leaves


Ray in Aunt Susan's latest great thrift store find... a ferocious lion costume!

Ray with Grandma


Adam in a tree. He would have spent the whole weekend in the yard if we had let him!


Ray and cousin Addie in the hotel pool

Unfortunately, during our trip, I lost my wedding band. I dropped it in the hall while trying to quickly get Ray out of the room without waking up Adam and Jon early one morning. I didn't realize when/where I lost it. We spent an entire morning frantically searching for the missing ring. We had to return home without it, just hoping to get a call from the hotel saying that someone found it. Fortunately, we finally did get that call a few days later. A woman had found my ring on the same morning I dropped it, but had taken it home with her and not reported it missing for a few days. I have no idea what exactly happened or what her intentions were. All I know is that we prayed a lot. Just yesterday we received the ring in the mail from her. I am ecstatic to have it back on my finger. Thank you God, Saint Anthony, and ring-finding lady!

The day after we returned from Michigan, we participated in our homeschool co-op's Physical Fitness Day at a local park. We all brought healthy foods to share and then participated in several active games and made our own first aid kits. It was a beautiful, fun day!


During the middle part of this past week, Jon and I snuck away for a few days of blissful, kid-free togetherness! My dad and his wife graciously agreed not only to watch our boys, but to do some really fun school activities with them. So, while Jon and I were away, they were learning and having a great time too. (I'll post more on that later this week.)

Jon and I spent our time away in Holmes County, known as Amish country. We stayed in a wonderful suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi. We drove around and saw beautiful Amish farms. We did some shopping and ate some yummy Amish meals as well. The most important thing, though, was that we were able to relax and be together. We really needed that quality time. Thank you Dad and Mary!

So that's what I've been doing! Now it's back to some serious schoolwork and some not-so-serious Halloween fun around here. It's hard to believe how quickly October has flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment