Friday, December 6, 2013

Saint Nicholas, pray for us.

Hello. I'm still here. I apologize for my long absence here. What busy days and weeks these have been!

Happy Feast of Saint Nicholas!

We put out our shoes....


... and found sweet little treats this morning.

Adam's holding tight to some chocolate "dollars" an Ray's excited about a Lego mini-figure.

It was a topsy-turvy mixed-up kind of Friday. Our Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and Geography classes were cancelled due to an icy mix this morning which was followed by four inches of snow. We had my nephew Carter here as well since his school was cancelled.

Right after Jon left for work Adam looked out the school room window and said, "Something is dead out there." Aggghhh! Sure enough, a large rabbit was laying right outside our window.... with no head!!!! So of course I called Jon and he came right back home and took care of it... with Ray's assistance. Such big brave men!!!

And of course I've spent the day pondering and fretting about what got that rabbit.... right outside my window. Poor little bunny, rest in peace.

Once the excitement settled, it was nice to have a bit of a break and a change in our schedule at the end of this very busy week. We played and relaxed this morning... mostly. Then we met my mom and Jon for lunch (since the ice had melted and it wasn't yet snowing).

We did manage to do Spelling tests, Math, Reading, Religion, and Social Studies this afternoon.... so I was happy with that.

The boys enjoyed playing in the snow before dinner and then Jon got last minute tickets to the Blue Jackets hockey game. He and Adam went to the game and Ray and I set up the Christmas tree.

So there's a rambly post about my day.... I guess I'm a bit rusty on blogging. I've started to get complaints from my faithful readers (all three of you) so I knew I had to get something posted here. Saint Nicholas and dead rabbits. Beggars can't be choosers.... but I'll try to get caught up soon.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness you're back! I check everyday but must admit after a while I dropped back to once a week. Glad the boys liked their model of Jamestown. Surgery is Thursday so say a prayer. I will talk to you while I am sitting in my recliner recovering. Love ya. Kar

    ReplyDelete