Friday, June 29, 2012

What's Up?

I apologize for the lack of posts these days. I guess I'm in summer mode with blogging along with everything else. Here are some things we've been up to ---

Ray loves his weekly golf camp. He's now got his own golf bag and clubs.



The boys just finished up two weeks of swim lessons. On Monday they began diving board practice. Adam cried and was so scared. He had never gone off the diving board before. His main fear was that he could not wear his goggles. I finally coaxed bribed him to just do it one time... with his teacher catching him in the water.



He did it... and came out of the water smiling big and clenching his eyes closed until he got to the wall.

Since Monday he's gone off the board about 8,267 times! He's now doing cannonballs and twists and "Mario dives." He's begun his training for the 2020 Olympic diving team!


 Ray also loves the diving board!






We've been doing "OK" on our Summer project board.... taking it pretty loosely though. Surprisingly, Adam has gotten much more enthusiastic about reading this week. He's been reading lots to me and doing really well. Maybe because the regular school pressure is off.

I've been doing a big clean out of my office and school stuff. We have an extra bedroom that is our "office" (aka junk room where everything gets dumped). Over the past few weeks I've been purging lots and lots of papers and books and other junk. It feels great to get things re-organized and cleaned up a bit. I should have taken some before pictures so you could see the differences, but here's how it's looking now ----

(See the disco ball?) ;)


It's been nice to settle into a more relaxed schedule. I've read a few novels. Jon and I have had some really nice and needed time out together (while the boys were in VBS and spending a night with my sister). We went out to dinner, did some shopping, and even saw a movie! 

Thank you God for summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment