Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Alleluia! Happy Easter!

How awesome it is to move from Lent to Easter.... to our 50 days of celebration of the Resurrection of Our Lord! Alleluia!

We have been enjoying our Easter celebrations so far.... with plans for more in the works.

On Easter Sunday morning the boys enjoyed finding their baskets and hunting for eggs around the house.


Our prayer table was transformed from this ---



to this ---


I got the idea and design for our Paschal Candle from Jessica at  Shower of Roses. I forgot to get a close up picture of it... but I'll post one soon.

The boys both got remote controlled hex bugs in their baskets.


We enjoyed a nice breakfast casserole and coffee cake and then the boys played, I read the paper, and Jon went back to bed! (He was so glad to have a day off! He really needed the break and some rest.) We enjoyed a quiet morning and then went to Mass at noon.

Here's the best picture we were able to get of the boys after Mass. I'm bummed that I didn't get a picture of Jon and me. He even bought me a lovely Easter corsage! (I guess I just haven't been too on the ball with the camera this week. Sorry!)


After Mass, my mom and my sister Colleen and nephew Carter came over. We had a nice Easter dinner and an outdoor egg hunt.



All in all, it was a very relazing day. Just what we needed!

1 comment: