Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


What a blessing it is to be a mother! I continue to be amazed that God has entrusted this vocation to me. It's truly the most wonderful, fun, challenging, difficult, amazing thing I've ever done.  Ray and Adam are such wonderful gifts and I can't imagine my life without them.

I thank God today for:

- My children, Adam and Ray.

- My beautiful mom, Loretta.

- My mother-in-law, Elizabeth.

- My grandmothers in heaven, Verna and Mary Jo.

- Jon, my awesome partner in this parenting vocation.

- All of the amazing moms with whom I share the daily journey of motherhood, especially my sisters and sisters-in-law and friends.

- The privilege of being a godparent! God bless my godchildren:  Shannon, Cassandra, Lucy, Noah, and soon-to-be-born Cecilia. And bless their wonderful parents too!

- The grace that gets me through each day of motherhood.

- All that I am learning along the way with my children.

- The little things that I get to discover and explore with my boys --- storybooks, worms, racecars, mud... something different every day.

I pray today for:

-All mothers. May we accept God's grace that helps us as we love, teach, and care for our children every day. May we embrace the challenges with courage and patience. May we treasure the little moments of joy each day and be truly present to our children.

-All pregnant women, especially my friend Michelle who is preparing for delivery tomorrow.

-All who mourn the loss of their mothers.

-All women who long to become mothers.

May God bless all women in a special way today. May we accept our vocations and situations with humility. May we follow the example of our Blessed Mother as we grow in faith and love. Amen.

I love you Mom! Thanks for being a great mom to me and for teaching me how to be a mom to my boys.

I received this quote via email yesterday and then on a prayer card at church this morning:

The Mother
By Cardinal Joszef Mindszenty

The most important person on earth is a mother.
She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral.
She need not.
She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral--
a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body . . .
The angels have not been blessed with such a grace.
They cannot share in God's creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven.
Only a human mother can.
Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature;
God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation . . .
What on God's good earth is more glorious than this; to be a mother?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment