Sunday, November 3, 2013

South Carolina -- Part Two

In addition to our learning adventures in Charleston, we were fortunate to have some time to visit with my Dad and Mary at their home in Little River (just North of Myrtle Beach).
 
 
We had lots of fun watching 3D video clips on their new TV.

The boys camped out on this air mattress in the office.

 
Bedtime stories!

Jon actually flew home a few days before us. (Someone has to work to fund these jaunts, right?) Dad and I drove him to the airport and we stopped for a brief minute at the beach.
 
Jon chasing the birds on the beach. Gotta love that!


The boys LOVED the opportunity to play at the beach for a few days. It was chilly, but nothing was going to stop them from playing in the water! They had a blast.









This was a major construction operation.
Adam was the mastermind.
Ray was the water boy.
Pappy was the supervisor.


I really enjoyed a nice lunch out with my Dad and also a fun shopping day with Mary. But I think the best part for me was getting to sleep in for three days AND waking up to find bunches of schoolwork already completed! I could really get used to that!

I think Pappy really enjoyed being the morning tutor.



Thanks very much Pappy and Mary for your great hospitality! It was really fun spending the week with you. We can't wait to see you at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment