Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's Like Reaching the Promised Land!

It's pool season. We are so blessed to live three doors down from a really nice neighborhood pool. We all really enjoy swimming. For the past six years I've taken the boys to the pool. I've had them hanging on me, jumping in to me, racing me, dragging me under the fountain. Super fun. Sometimes.

This year, however, something significant has happened.....

The boys playing in the pool with their cousin Carter.
 Suddenly At last.... they are swimming and playing INDEPENDENTLY! They'll play with me a little bit, but then they're off on their own adventures. They don't mind if I don't even want to get in the water!

I used to gaze jealously at (and judge harshly) the moms who were relaxing in the pool chairs and reading or sipping iced tea. But now ------



Look at me! I've crossed the great divide! I think I'm going to really enjoy pool season this year!

I do make sure I can see the pool and I keep my eye on what the boys are doing, but it is really nice to be able to just relax a bit (something I'm not so great at). We've wished and hoped for more children for so many years.... but now I think I'm liking where we're at with our two!

I'll still be doing some swimming and playing with the boys in the water.... but not every time we go to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment