Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ideas!

I am an idea person. I enjoy collecting ideas for fun and interesting projects. I love planning lessons and activities and retreats. So many ideas, so little time!

In addition to a file cabinet full of "ideas"... I have this bulletin board in my "office." It's always full of inspirations, ideas, and things that are just plain pretty or uplifiting for me.

 For many years I have kept a special kind of journal. (Now I'm actually into my 3rd book.) It's a scrapbook of sorts, a place where I put pictures, prayers, quotes, etc. that I come across and I want to remember. Every so often, I pull out those journals and am so comforted, uplifted, and inspired.

Why am I telling you all this? Because I recently discovered an AWESOME new website that's all about ideas! It's called "Pinterest" and it's a "virtual pinboard." I am in love with this! Here's the link to my pinboards: http://pinterest.com/kryzenga/ so you can check it out. Basically, this site allows you to save and organize all of the great ideas that you come across anywhere on the web.You can sort the ideas into as many categories (boards) as you want. One of the best parts is browsing through the thousands of boards already created by other members. I have spent so many hours doing this over the past few weeks! (Yikes... still need to finish planning school, but this is so addictive!) There are ideas about EVERYTHING on pinterest. I have really enjoyed the homeschool ideas as well as the recipes and ideas for the house. I got my mom looking at sewing ideas as well. So cool!

So, check it out. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment